Pop in your details to gain access to your Adnams account.
Forgot your password
Added to your cart
By Will, also posted in News on 03/10/19
The last rays of summer sun are slowly beginning to fade and there's a definite chill in the air, which can only mean one thing - Autumn is on its way. So whilst the leaves start to turn those beautiful colours of orange, yellow and gold, and we rediscover the jumpers that were banished to the back of the wardrobe for the last few months, let us introduce you to 10 gorgeous wines, perfect for snuggling up on the sofa with, on a cold night.
1. Adnams Douro Red - £9.99New to our wine range, our Douro is bright purple in colour and very expressive on the nose, full of wild berry and floral aromas. With a medium body, expect mouth-watering flavours of ripe cherries on the palate. Pair our Douro with a braised, meaty stew for the perfect antidote to a blustery day.
2. Adnams Bourgogne Rouge - £12.99Featuring elegant flavours of cherries and red fruits this classic burgundy is made by our old friend Stéphane Brocard. Stéphane’s family has a rich wine heritage, we buy our Chablis from his father and brother. We were excited to hear that Stéphane had moved to the Côte d'Or and was producing excellent Pinot Noir. This Bourgogne Rouge is the perfect wine to serve if you have friends or family coming round on a Sunday to enjoy a roast lamb, served with all the trimmings.
3. Adnams Picpoul de Pinet 2018 - £7.49
The wine team have been out and about over the Summer looking for some great wines to enjoy for the upcoming festive period. Out in the South of France in the beautiful Languedoc countryside we found a delicious Picpoul to put our name to, produced by the Jean-Jean family.
Our light, delicate Picpoul de Pinet is fresh and lively with lovely flavours of crunchy green apples and a burst of citrus fruit. Works fanatically well with seafood such as smoked salmon, or as an aperitif to get your festive drinks parties underway!
4. Adnams Pinot Grigio Blush - £7.49The hot summers of Sicily ripen the grapes to help create this refreshing Pinot Grigio Rosé. Elegant with intense notes of white fruits and peachy flowers, its lovely on its own or paired with a fresh tuna nicoise salad.
5. Adnams Prosecco DOC - £9.99Carefully blended in collaboration with our Italian partner, a family run winery since 1928. Utilising state of the art facilities and traditional wine-making techniques, we create the highest possible quality. Produced in the beautiful Veneto region of Italy, right in the heart of the prosecco region. It's a joyous glass of fizz, bubbling with crisp flavours of ripe pears.
6. Adnams Barolo DOCG - £24.98A wine to be savoured over a relaxed dinner or when winding the evening down. There's something about Italian wine that is unquestionably food friendly and this Barolo is no different. Made by our friend Paolo Manzone and comes from Serralunga d'Alba, a small commune within the region. This is a wonderfully expressive wine that has incredible red fruit flavours, supported by a fragrant nose and a slight mint finish.
7. Adnams Roero Arneis DOCG - £13.99Our wine team stumbled across the delightful but rare Arneis grape on our travels near Piedmont in the Roero region and couldn’t resist buying this wine! Also made by Paolo, this is a lovely, zesty example also with rich fruit flavours. A great pairing with Seafood.
8. Prosecco ERA - £13.99Grown in the hills around the Treviso area; where the temperate climate helps to produce this excellent wine. Grapes are organically grown, and production centred on sustainability, with the whole team committed to protecting and preserving the environment for future generations.A pale light yellow with a delicate and complex bouquet; with fruity notes of peach, green apple and lemon.
9. Mucho Mas - £9.49The name Mucho Mas translates from Spanish to mean 'much more', which is certainly what you'll get with this wine; much more fruit, much more juiciness, much more flavour! Made from Tempranillo grapes sourced from the regions of Toro, La Mancha and Valdepenas, the grapes are harvested whilst they're super-ripe, which results in a rich fruity wine.
10. Adnams Champagne Brut - £19.99There is nothing like popping open a bottle of Champagne to mark a special occasion, and our Champagne is the ideal choice for celebrations. We wholeheartedly pin our name to this fresh, effusive Champagne with its appealing, citrusy fruit flavour.